Cover Photo Credit: Quincy Surasmith http://www.quincysurasmith.com/
Keiko Agena is best known for her series regular roles on the shows PRODIGAL SON where she played Dr. Edrisa Tanaka and GILMORE GIRLS, where she played Lane Kim for seven years and reprised the role in Netflix’s GILMORE GIRLS: SEASONS. In between Agena has been a series regular on HULU’s THE FIRST and recurring on BETTER CALL SAUL, DIRTY JOHN, REASONS WHY and an upcoming run on DOOM PATROL. As a guest star she has appeared on such shows as SHAMELESS, SCANDAL and NCIS LOS ANGELES to name a few. Keiko has recently published an Artist Workbook titled NO MISTAKES through Penguin/Random house which is available wherever books are sold. As an improviser she’s performed at UCB Sunset/NY and IO WEST.
I wrote a book. You can Order on Amazon.
An inspiring creative journal based on mindfulness practices and the “no mistakes” principles of improv, by a Gilmore Girls alum.
What if there were no mistakes? OK, that’s impossible–but what if you learned to view your mistakes in a whole new light?
In this inspiring workbook, artist and former Gilmore Girls actress Keiko Agena guides you through simple exercises based on one of the founding ideas of improv: Any misstep is an opportunity for growth and creativity. Interspersed with coloring pages and original artwork by Agena, each exercise teaches you to confront your emotions, rethink your art, and take mindful breaks to recharge in her own playful, encourgaging voice:
* Describe a success you had, and identify the skills you learned to get you there.
* Look at an old piece of art that you’re not proud of. What works, and how could you rework what doesn’t?
* What actions can you take today to feed or rest your artistic impulse?
No Mistakes is a supportive space for amateurs, professional creatives, and everyone in between to test their boundaries, get to know their inner artist, and produce unique, meaningful work they feel proud of.
ARTWORK: ACRYLIC, INK, GRAPHITE
Keiko’s ETSY SHOP is open. Artwork is all SOLD OUT. However… you can favorite my shop and be notified when new items arrive!
Manager: Erik Kritzer
JOSEPH LE AGENCY
Agent: Joseph Le
My “25 Random Things” list from my Facebook Notes Page (early 2009).
Yes.. I know this was a long time ago… no. I’m not going to update it. I feel that it ages well… like cheese.
1. I didn’t have a true “girlfriend” until I was 26.
2. As a child, ½ of my meals were fast food. McDonalds and Pizza Hut primarily.
3. For six months I wrote exclusively with my left hand. (I’m right handed).
4. I’ve read the NIV study Bible cover to cover.
5. I was voted “Miss Photogenic” in a teen age beauty pageant in Hawaii.
6. At separate times I’ve eaten an Equal packet, cubes of white sugar, cubes of brown sugar, and a Splenda packet, just for the taste of something sweet.
7. I wrote a song called, “Lying, Cheating, Fake Rat Bastard”
8. I’ve played D&D twice in my life.
9. I give some of the voices in my head names.
10. I actually like folding laundry.
11. There’s a professional massage table in my bedroom.
12. I sometimes have anxiety attacks when I am faced with too many choices like at Bed Bath and Beyond, or Staples.
13. I’ve never burned a music CD.
14. I love Monk.
15. I’ve been completely bald before. Shaved my eyebrows too.
16. I once brought instant mashed potatoes to a Thanksgiving dinner.
17. I like to be in bed by 11:30pm.
18. I got engaged after one month of dating.
19. When I went sky diving, I didn’t open my eyes until I was five feet off the ground.
20. At the beach, I like to dig a hole in the sand deep enough so that there’s water in the bottom.
21. I’ve slept in a church entryway and a stadium parking lot.
22. I once threw away half a red velvet cake because I was afraid I would eat it all.
23. I’m afraid of dying, dying by brutal murder, being abused in an old folk’s home, and my family members being kidnapped and held for ransom.
24. Billy Joel is my inspiration of choice at the Karaoke bar.
25. I’ve forgotten what milk tastes like.
with SHIN KAWASAKI (Best friend since 2005)