Keiko Agena is best known for the TV show, GILMORE GIRLS, where she played Lane Kim for seven seasons and reprised the role in 2016. As a guest star she has appeared on such shows as BAJILLION DOLLAR PROPERTIE$, SHAMELESS, SCANDAL, TWISTED, HOUSE, ER and WITHOUT A TRACE. Recently she has been recurring on SWEET/VICIOUS, COLONY and the new Netflix release of 13 REASONS WHY as Mrs. Bradley. AGENA is currently working on an “Artist Workbook” which she recently sold to Tarcher/Perigree (a division of PENGUIN/RANDOM HOUSE.) The book, NO MISTAKES, is set for release in the summer of 2018. Agena is a graduate of the UCB and iO West improv programs, has studied at the Groundlings and currently performs with the improv teams Ham Radio, RJP, Totally Heather and the UCB-Mess-Hall-mash-up-team Kilowatt. In 2016 Keiko was one of the people chosen for the cover of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY Magazine to advertise the upcoming GG reunion. (For a full list of credits see: IMDB.com)
IMPROV: RJP Renegade Justice Patrol
Renegade Justice Patrol is an improv troupe comprised of Curtis Spiliotis, Hershey Wingler, Justin Vasquez, Keiko Agena, Rex Howell and Will Choi and is coached by Dave Hill. Formed after the aptly named Summer Intensive training at iO West, RJP performs different styles but most consistently executes a location based improv show. See RJP the 2nd Fridays of the Month at iO West 11pm MAINSTAGE.
IMPROV: Ham Radio
IMPROV: UCB MESS-HALL-MASHUP-TEAM: KILOWATT
Kiowatt was formed out of the Scarlett Johansson Presents Series out of UCB. They have performed at UCB Sunset, Inner Sanctum and the DCM in New York.
CO-HOST: ASIAN AF SHOW
Photo Credit: Rebecca Aranda ASIAN AF is the first Asian American variety show at the UCB Theatre. After the incredible success of “Scarlett Johansson Presents” (the first Asian American improv show at the UCB Theatre) in the UCB Inner Sanctum, the UCB Theatre gave Will Choi & Mike Lane a new show to showcase more comedic Asian American talent in LA. Every show has sold out! Asian AF regularly features improv team VOLTRON: The UCB Superteam, along with many other Asian American actors, stand-up comedians, improvisers, sketch performers, musicians, dancers, & storytellers. The show has been featured on several news sites such as NBC News, ABC News, LA Times, LA Weekly, ATTN, and many more. Previous guests include Margaret Cho, Sheng Wang, Kulap Vilaysack, Amy Hill, Lewis Tan, Lilan Bowden, and Eugene Cordero. The show is hosted by Will Choi & Keiko Agena.
ARTWORK: ACRYLIC, INK, GRAPHITE
Keiko’s ETSY SHOP is open. Artwork is all SOLD OUT. However… you can favorite my shop and be notified when new items arrive!
Manager: Erik Kritzer
JOSEPH LE AGENCY
Agent: Joseph Le
My “25 Random Things” list from my Facebook Notes Page (early 2009).
Yes.. I know this was a long time ago… no. I’m not going to update it. I feel that it ages well… like cheese.
1. I didn’t have a true “girlfriend” until I was 26.
2. As a child, ½ of my meals were fast food. McDonalds and Pizza Hut primarily.
3. For six months I wrote exclusively with my left hand. (I’m right handed).
4. I’ve read the NIV study Bible cover to cover.
5. I was voted “Miss Photogenic” in a teen age beauty pageant in Hawaii.
6. At separate times I’ve eaten an Equal packet, cubes of white sugar, cubes of brown sugar, and a Splenda packet, just for the taste of something sweet.
7. I wrote a song called, “Lying, Cheating, Fake Rat Bastard”
8. I’ve played D&D twice in my life.
9. I give some of the voices in my head names.
10. I actually like folding laundry.
11. There’s a professional massage table in my bedroom.
12. I sometimes have anxiety attacks when I am faced with too many choices like at Bed Bath and Beyond, or Staples.
13. I’ve never burned a music CD.
14. I love Monk.
15. I’ve been completely bald before. Shaved my eyebrows too.
16. I once brought instant mashed potatoes to a Thanksgiving dinner.
17. I like to be in bed by 11:30pm.
18. I got engaged after one month of dating.
19. When I went sky diving, I didn’t open my eyes until I was five feet off the ground.
20. At the beach, I like to dig a hole in the sand deep enough so that there’s water in the bottom.
21. I’ve slept in a church entryway and a stadium parking lot.
22. I once threw away half a red velvet cake because I was afraid I would eat it all.
23. I’m afraid of dying, dying by brutal murder, being abused in an old folk’s home, and my family members being kidnapped and held for ransom.
24. Billy Joel is my inspiration of choice at the Karaoke bar.
25. I’ve forgotten what milk tastes like.
with SHIN KAWASAKI