NEW! Keiko’s ETSY SHOP just opened. For recent artwork by Keiko.
Keiko Agena is best known for the TV show, GILMORE GIRLS, where she played LANE KIM for seven seasons. As a guest star she has appeared on such shows as SHAMELESS, SCANDAL, TWISTED, HOUSE, ER and WITHOUT A TRACE, and got to work with Frances McDormand on the film TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON. Besides iO she has also trained with Dave Razowsky, at the Groundlings and UCB and her band FLYING PLATFORMS has a monthly residency (first Fridays) at the Grandstar Jazz Club in downtown LA. Plus (believe it or not) Keiko was once featured in PEOPLE MAGAZINE’S 100 MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ISSUE, in the “they play meek and geeky, but off screen they shine” section, with America Ferrera, Jenna Fischer and Mary Lynn Rajskub!
IMPROV: Ham Radio
Ham Radio is an improv troupe based in Los Angeles. We are Tilt Tyree, Diona Reasonover and Keiko Agena. Created in 2012, Ham Radio performs regularly around the city and often at iO West. Diona can currently be seen on the TBS show CLIPPED!
IMPROV: RJP Renegade Justice Patrol
Renegade Justice Patrol is an improv troupe comprised of Curtis Spiliotis, Hershey Wingler, Justin Vasquez, Keiko Agena, Rex Howell and Will Choi and is coached by Dave Hill. Formed after the aptly named Summer Intensive training at iO West, RJP performs different styles but most consistently executes a location based improv show.
DUNOVAN is the answer to Paula Cole’s question, “Where have all the cowboys gone?” They’re here. To do improv. (Grounded, but unpredictable, monoscenes.) Dunovan is Jeff Wysaski, Lindsay Katai, Aaron Ganser, Michael Capristo, and Keiko Agena.
IMPROV: UCB MESS HALL TEAM: CHILLBOT
Keiko is thrilled to have been selected for a UCB MESS HALL TEAM! Performances are on Sundays in the Inner Sanctum at UCB Sunset. She gets to perform with these incredible players: Jen Krueger, Michael Capristo, Christina Chase, Greg Nix, Nathan Caywood, Rachel Forman, and David Kantrowitz!
MUSIC: Flying Platforms
Flying Platforms is a band formed by producer/guitarist/vocalist Shin Kawasaki. The collaboration between Shin and the MidTone Madeleines (a blue haired duo from somewhere outside of our society and/or planet) has been described as a mixture of cyberpunk-infused live-tronic jam and an otherworldly aesthetic. Founding band members include Shin Kawasaki, Wingo Shakleford, Christopher Spilsbury, Keiko Agena and Traci Kato-Kiriyama.
Flying Platforms now hosts MidTones Open Jam, joining forces with the Space Circus crew at legendary GrandStar Jazz Club on the 1st Fridays offering an inclusive venue for musicians, noise makers and music-lovers to experiment, explore and experience. Music at the event ranges from Miles Davis to Black Sabbath, Michael McDonald to Bob Marley, Frank Zappa to Prince, Journey to uncategorizable pure improvisation.
Manager: Erik Kritzer
JOSEPH LE AGENCY
Agent: Joseph Le
My “25 Random Things” list from my Facebook Notes Page (early 2009).
Yes.. I know this was a long time ago… no. I’m not going to update it. I feel that it ages well… like cheese.
1. I didn’t have a true “girlfriend” until I was 26.
2. As a child, ½ of my meals were fast food. McDonalds and Pizza Hut primarily.
3. For six months I wrote exclusively with my left hand. (I’m right handed).
4. I’ve read the NIV study Bible cover to cover.
5. I was voted “Miss Photogenic” in a teen age beauty pageant in Hawaii.
6. At separate times I’ve eaten an Equal packet, cubes of white sugar, cubes of brown sugar, and a Splenda packet, just for the taste of something sweet.
7. I wrote a song called, “Lying, Cheating, Fake Rat Bastard”
8. I’ve played D&D twice in my life.
9. I give some of the voices in my head names.
10. I actually like folding laundry.
11. There’s a professional massage table in my bedroom.
12. I sometimes have anxiety attacks when I am faced with too many choices like at Bed Bath and Beyond, or Staples.
13. I’ve never burned a music CD.
14. I love Monk.
15. I’ve been completely bald before. Shaved my eyebrows too.
16. I once brought instant mashed potatoes to a Thanksgiving dinner.
17. I like to be in bed by 11:30pm.
18. I got engaged after one month of dating.
19. When I went sky diving, I didn’t open my eyes until I was five feet off the ground.
20. At the beach, I like to dig a hole in the sand deep enough so that there’s water in the bottom.
21. I’ve slept in a church entryway and a stadium parking lot.
22. I once threw away half a red velvet cake because I was afraid I would eat it all.
23. I’m afraid of dying, dying by brutal murder, being abused in an old folk’s home, and my family members being kidnapped and held for ransom.
24. Billy Joel is my inspiration of choice at the Karaoke bar.
25. I’ve forgotten what milk tastes like.
with SHIN KAWASAKI